A the famous Greek shakshuka is called Kagiana and it is what lunch at giagia's (grandma) is made of when in a rush! As this has very few ingredients the importance is in a good tomato sauce and an excellent Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling, just happens that at Gaea we have both.
- TIME NEEDED
- 30 mins
- 18oz. tomato passata
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Gaea Fresh Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling
- In a shallow oven proof pan add the tomato passata and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and make 4 wells in the pan and carefully break one egg at a time in each
- Add the chilli flakes and cover with foil or a heat resistant lid
- place in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes, or place directly under a grill element.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of Gaea Fresh Extra Virgin olive oil and fine chopped fresh coriander.
You can also scramble the eggs and serve on toasted sourdough bread