Greek chestnut, pumpkin and nutmeg soup, an amazing winter warmer, great for comfort food but also as a starter for the Christmas table! Chestnut trees are all over the Greek mountains and are available during the winter seasons in Greece, a popular treat on almost every street corner is grilled chestnuts with salt!
- TIME NEEDED
- 40 mins
- 12oz peeled chestnuts
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 7oz peeled pumpkin
- 2 lt water (3 and 1/3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Gaea Fresh early harvest extra virgin Olive oil for drizzling
- Add all ingredients to a heavy base pot and bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, add water if needed
- Remove from the heat and blizz with a stick blender until silky smooth
- If it needs more liquid add some milk or oat milk
Serve with toasted sourdough bread, this soup can be made well in advance to gain time to enjoy a glass of eggnog whilst cooking! after all it's your Christmas too!