If there's a salad that sings 'fresh and fabulous,' it's this one! Our Chickpea, Kale, and Couscous Salad, drizzled with a zesty basil vinaigrette, is a flavor-packed sensation that'll make your taste buds dance. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this dish is a breeze to whip up and a crowd-pleaser every time. Get ready to elevate your salad game!
Recipe by @sarahfoodieuk
- TIME NEEDED
- 10 minutes
- 1 small shallot
- Handful of basil
- 400g can chickpeas
- 300g dried couscous
- 100g kale
- 30ml GAEA Sitia Crete
- 30 ml GAEA Ancient Greek balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Add 300ml boiling water to the dried couscous, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop the kale and add to a large bowl alongside the drained chickpeas and now soft couscous and mix.
- Serve and top with the vinaigrette
Enhance the flavors by letting the salad sit for about 10-15 minutes after tossing it with the basil vinaigrette. This brief 'marination' allows the ingredients to mingle and absorb the delicious dressing, resulting in an even more mouthwatering and satisfying bite.