Delicious olive oil watermelon pie with yoghurt, from the island of Milos, the most anticipated summer fruit of Greece, made in many ways, even dessert!
- TIME NEEDED
- 60 mins
- 35oz watermelon, peeled and pipped of seeds.
- 9oz Sifted flour
- 5.3oz granulated sugar
- 5.3 Sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp. walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Golden syrup
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup Gaea Greek Authentic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Place the watermelon in a bowl and break it down by hand to make small pieces. Strain the liquids and then add the golden syrup, sugar, flour, nuts, cinnamon and mix with a wooden spoon, until the dough is homogenous but not over mixed
Drizzle a round or rectangular shallow baking dish with half of the Gaea Authentic Extra virgin olive oil sprinkle its surface with half the amount of sesame seeds, try and cover the entire surface of the pan.
- Next, spread the dough evenly over the entire surface of the pan over the sesame, pressing it with your hands, sprinkle with the remaining amount of sesame seeds and drizzle with the remaining olive oil
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Once ready, remove the watermelon pie from the oven, cut it into pieces and serve, with a dollop of Vegan yoghurt.
Replace Vegan Yoghurt with Coconut sorbet and serve with coffee, enjoy with phones off and some music in the background!