The humble Zucchini has many ways to be eaten but raw and cured in a good extra virgin olive oil is one of our favourites! Add this beautiful dressing in combination with our Greek Kalamata olives it can only be a marriage made in heaven.
- TIME NEEDED
- 35 mins
Tangy and creamy dressing
- 1/4 cup hummus (65g)
- 1.8 oz vegan parmesan (50g), plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp sweet mustard
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice (30ml)
- 4 tsp of capers with brine (25g)
- 3 tbsp reserved brine of GAEA pitted kalamata olives (45ml)
- 3 small cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp of GAEA Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Zucchini and bean salad
- 6 medium zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- 1 12 oz can of white beans (such as cannellini, or butter)
- 1 glass GAEA pitted kalamata olives
methodPrepare the dressing
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a bowl or measuring cup and whisk it over her
- until creamy. Season to taste (it should have strong flavors). Let sit for at least 20
- minutes, best overnight.
- Drain, rinse and pat dry the can of beans. Drain the olives. Slice zucchini into thin slices, lengthwise, with a vegetable peeler or spiralizer.
- Place zucchini, olives, and white beans in a large salad bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with croutons, more parmesan, and drizzles of olive oil, if desired.
You can also just add the Extra virgin olive oil, salt and balsamic for a simpler version