The Greek cuisine is based on the Mediterranean diet and the base of that is Extra Virgin olive oil! Then add the most common ingredients of the Greek soil, Lemons and Oregano and you have a simple yet full of flavour dish with minimum effort!
- TIME NEEDED
- 75 mins
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 portions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- juice of 3 medium lemons
- 1 cup Gaea for cooking virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 35oz potatoes, cut into wedges
- Peel the garlic, crush a clove and rub on the chicken. Place on a large baking tray and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place them between the chicken, add the lemon juice, half the olive oil, the rest of the garlic chopped or sliced and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven 180C / 350F for 60-75 minutes in total. 50 minutes into the bake remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until your Greek lemon chicken is nicely coloured and crispy on the outside.
You can also cook the same ingredients in a casserole and slow cook on low heat for 3 hours.