This nutritious yet scrumptious salad will energize you whilst the bright, citrusy taste of the lemons will elevate your senses! Our 100% Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and olives combined with feta will remind you of a tree-shaded garden under the Greek sun!
- TIME NEEDED
- 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup GAEA’s Organic Olive Oil
- Freshly pressed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Greek seasoning mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz orzo (450g)
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves (100g)
- 1 glass GAEA’s pitted Kalamata Olives, drained
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, diced and seeded
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, diced (100g)
- 7 oz feta cheese (200g)
Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with salt, and cook the orzo for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool.
Transfer the cooled orzo to a large mixing bowl. Add the spinach, chopped vegetables, and olives, then crumble the feta cheese over the pasta and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper until mixed.
Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and gently fold until the pasta and veggies are coated.
Season to taste, drizzle with more olive oil if wished.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight before serving. The pasta is best within 2-3 days but will lastup to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Use our simple method for any vinaigrette, 3 parts olive oil, 2 parts lemon or vinegar and 1 part mustard.