Fried Olives, in greek we call them "tiganolies", a traditional dish of southeastern Peloponnese.
- TIME NEEDED
- 15 minutes
- 140 gr GAEA Pimento stuffed green olives
- 50 gr greek kefalotyri cheese (you can also use gruyere or salty mozzarella)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups bread crumbs (you can also use panko bread crumbs)
- 3 cups GAEA Sitia Crete
- Cut the cheese into small pieces and stuff the GAEA Pitted Green Olympian olives in brine after having them drained.
- In a shallow bowl add the eggs and whisk until incorporated.
- Roll the stuffed olives into the egg wash.
- One by one, roll the olives in the bread crumbs.
- Heat 3 cups of GAEA Sitia Crete in a frying pan and fry your greek fried olives until golden brown.
Serve hot or cold.