A delicious and unique pecan pie cheesecake made with GAEA Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for your sweet tooth!
- TIME NEEDED
Prep Time: 30 minutes/Cook Time: 90 minutes
One 9” cheesecake
1 graham cracker crust, premade
For the filling:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 lbs cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp kosher salt
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp Gaea Organic Olive Oil
For the pecan pie topping:
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp Gaea Organic Olive Oil
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 (12.25 oz.) jar of Caramel Flavored Topping
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Wrap the outside of a 9” springform pan tightly in aluminum foil. Set aside.
- For the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whisk together sugar, brown sugar, and cornstarch just to break up any clumps. Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth and soft.
- Beat in the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl often.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Stream in Gaea Organic Olive Oil and mix once more, until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust and place the cheesecake in the middle of a deep baking dish. Fill the baking dish with water about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake. Bake for an hour until the cheesecake is set and has just a slight wobble in the center. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, make the pecan pie topping. Whisk eggs and Gaea Organic Olive Oil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the brown sugar, stirring occasionally over medium high heat, until it is dissolved. Stir in caramel topping and butter for about 5-8 minutes until mixture is blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour or spoon the pecan pie topping over the cheesecake and then serve immediately.