Winters are for Greek Lamb Stews with our Gaea Organic olive oil and Green Pitted olives.
- TIME NEEDED
- 2h 30min
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Gaea Organic Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb yellow potatoes, cubed
- Feta Cheese
- 1 jar Gaea Green Pitted Olives, drained
- In a large bowl, whisk together half of the chopped herbs, the garlic, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of Gaea olive oil. Season lamb pieces generously with salt and pepper and then add them to the bowl with the marinade and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of Gaea Organic Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the marinated lamb in an even layer and sear on all sides until deeply golden brown.
- Pour in the remainder of the marinade and the broth and let simmer for 1 1/2- 2 hours, until lamb is very tender.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until fork-tender, then drain and set aside.
- When the lamb is tender, add the cooked potatoes, feta cheese, and Gaea Green Olives. Stir to combine and cook for another 10-15 minutes, to allow the flavors to meld. To serve, garnish with the remaining fresh herbs.