Delicious, easy roasted Pork shanks, make for an effortless, tasty main course on Christmas day! Also great for Boxing Day leftover sandwiches! This is a new trend on Christmas in Greece, but it is gaining a lot of popularity!
- TIME NEEDED
- 3 Hours
- 2 large whole but trimmed pork shanks
- 4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 red peppers
- 1 glass of red wine
- 2 garlic heads
- 1 large onion
- 3 oranges
- 1/2 cup Gaea Kalamata Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Line a large and deep roasting tray with baking paper and add the shanks in
- Cut the garlic heads Vertically in half roughly rub over the shanks and drop in the tray
- Smear the shanks with the mustard and salt and pepper well, giving the shanks a good 5 minute massage! Show the love!
- Squeeze the oranges into the roasting tray and drop the squeezed halves in as well.
- Peel the onion and cut in quarters and drop them also in the tray.
- Cut the red peppers in half, de-seed and drop into the tray.
- Finally add the red wine
- Give everything a final mix and cover with foil
- Place in a preheated oven at 320°F for 2 hours
- Increase the heat to 350°F for a further 40 mins
- Remove the foil and increase the heat to 390°F for a further 20 mins
- Remove from the oven and cover tightly with the foil for at least 10 minutes before serving!
You can also leave it at 320°F for 5 hours and only increase heat at 390°F 20 minutes before serving!