Greek Garlic dip Skordalia is probably one of the best kept secrets of Greek cuisine! there is a way to eat it for Greeks but we love it with everything. Basic ingredients that however need to be of high quality to make the best skordalia. Once you have this you will want to eat it all the time.
- TIME NEEDED
- 30 mins
- 1kg Organic Yukon gold or red potatoes
- 5–7 cloves of garlic (according to preference)
- 2 tbsps organic white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 a cup GAEA Fresh
- 1/2 a cup of water from the boiled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Wash and peel the potatoes and boil well in salty water.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and set aside to cool
- In a food processor add the potatoes, the garlic, lemon and season with salt.
- Blend whilst gradually drizzling in the Extra Virgin olive oil until smooth and silky
- Season with salt to your liking
- Serve with an extra drizzle of the Gaea Fresh Extra virgin olive oil and a few olives on top
To get rid of the garlic smell in your mouth Giagia says to eat some parsley leaves after! alternatively ensure everyone around you eats it too! warning! Do not wear a mask after eating skordalia
Watch the Skordalia video here